YongChul Kwon is a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering in University of Washington. His advisor is Prof. Magdalena Balazinska. He currently participates in Nuage project.
He received B.S. degree in Computer Science at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology in 2004.
- Hadoop's Adolescence: A Comparative Workload Analysis from Three Research Clusters
- UW Technical Report 12-06-01. In submission.
- SkewTune in Action
- To appear in the VLDB 2012 (demo)
- SkewTune: Mitigating Skew in MapReduce Applications [proceeding] [corrected]
- In the SIGMOD 2012
- Citation  in the proceeding version should be "M. Kalyuzhnaya, D. Beck, and L. Chistoserdova. Functional metagenomics of methylotrophs. Methods in Enzymology, 495, 2011."
- Technical Report (Extended Version)
- A Study of Skew in MapReduce Applications
- In the Fifth Open Cirrus Summit 2011, Best Student Paper
- Skew-Resistant Parallel Processing of Feature-Extracting Scientific User-Defined Functions
- In the First ACM Symposium on on Cloud Computing (SoCC) 2010
- Google Code
- Scalable clustering algorithm for N-body simulations in a shared-nothing cluster
- In the 22nd Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM) 2010
- Analyzing Massive Astrophysical Datasets: Can Pig/Hadoop or a Relational DBMS Help?
- In the First Workshop on Interfaces and Abstractions for Scientific Data (IASDS) 2009
- A Case for A Collaborative Query Management System
- In the Fourth Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research (CIDR) 2009 (Perspectives Track)
- Clustering Events on Streams using Complex Context Information
- In the Fourth International Workshop on Mining Complex Data (MCD) 2008
- Fault-tolerant Stream Processing using a Distributed, Replicated File System
- In the 34th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB) 2008
- Moirae: History-Enhanced Monitoring
- In the Third Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research (CIDR) 2007
YongChul was honorably mentioned in 2005-2006 Bob Bandes Memorial Award for Excellence in Teaching.
- Winter 2012 - CSEP545: Transaction Processing for E-Commerce
- Autumn 2006 - CSE544: Principles of Database Systems
- Spring 2006 - CSE451: Operating Systems
- Winter 2006 - CSEP590TU: Practical Aspects of Modern Cryptography
- Autumn 2005 - CSE303: Concepts and Tools for Software Development