Subject: Internships panel today
From: Michael Ernst <[email-masked]>
To: "Internships" panelists
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 12:23:47 -0800 (PST)

Thanks again for volunteering to participate in the internships panel
today.  It's at 2:30 in Sieg 422.

The format will be a short statement (about 5 minutes) from each of you,
then questions from the floor.  You have quite a bit of latitude with
respect to what you discuss; the primary thing that I want to get across is
how to make the internship a positive experience.  Would you do it again?
If so, what would you do differently, or what do you wish you had done
differently the first time around?  What were the major benefits (from
making new contacts to exploring a new field to just getting away from
school to recharge your batteries)?  What should a student look for in an
internship?  How will the experience differ depending on the organization
(startup, research lab, development, etc.)?  What was the most unexpected
aspect of your summer?  And lots of other issues I've forgotten to raise
here (that's why I have you with more recent experience up there).

See you this afternoon.
					-Mike