Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering
University of Washington
Office: CSE 482, Paul G. Allen Center,
185 Stevens Way, Seattle, WA 98195
Links: CV, personal website, ,
I am a 2nd year Ph.D. student in the Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science and Engineering at University of Washington.
I work in the Graphics and Imaging Laboratory under the guidance of Prof. Linda Shapiro.
I also collaborate with Alex Colburn, Barbara Mones and Gary Faigin.
Previously, I completed my Masters in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay under the guidance of Prof. Subhasis Chaudhuri in 2016
and received my Bachelors degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from Jadavpur University, Kolkata in 2014.
My research areas are Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Graphics and Computational Photography.
At present, I am working on the development of a cyber-human system using deep neural networks that automatically maps human expressions from 2D input to multiple 3D stylized characters. Applications include improving immersive VR/AR/MR storytelling by maintaining expression clarity and intensity, and helping autistic kids to convey emotions easily.
- Graduate Intern Technical: Computational Imaging Lab, Intel Labs, Santa Clara (Summer 2017)
- Visiting Researcher: Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science, University of Trento, Italy (Summer 2015)
- Summer Intern: Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, a wing of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Kolkata, India (Summer 2013)
- Learning to Generate 3D Stylized Character Expressions from Humans
Deepali Aneja, Bindita Chaudhuri, Alex Colburn, Gary Faigin, Linda Shapiro and Barbara Mones, IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), 2018, accepted.
- Multi-label Remote Sensing Image Retrieval using a Semi-Supervised Graph-Theoretic Method [project page] [PDF]
Bindita Chaudhuri, Begum Demir, Lorenzo Bruzzone and Subhasis Chaudhuri, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 56, no. 1, 2017.
- Region-Based Retrieval of Remote Sensing Images using an Unsupervised Graph-Theoretic Approach [PDF]
Bindita Chaudhuri, Begum Demir, Lorenzo Bruzzone and Subhasis Chaudhuri, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 987-991, July 2016.
Teaching Experience at UW
- CSE 521: Design and Analysis of Algorithms (Fall 2017)
- CSE 576: Computer Vision (Spring 2017)
- CSE 455: Computer Vision (Winter 2017)
- CSE 401: Introduction to Compiler Construction (Fall 2016)