You may discuss problems with your classmates,
but when you write down the solutions,
you should do so by yourself.
You can use the internet and books for reference material
but you must cite every source that you consulted
(the name of the book or web page suffices).
You should also cite any classmates with whom
you discussed solutions.
All homework should be turned in electronically
to the Dropbox by the due date for the assignment.
Homework should either be typeset or written
very neatly and scanned.
Late HW policy: I will allow one (slightly) late
homework per person (e.g., to accomodate for a paper
deadline). This must be arranged beforehand.
Note on Bonus problems: These problems are usually quite challenging.
If you do some of them, I will be impressed. But they are in no way
required (or even suggested) for obtaining a good grade in the course.
[ Dropbox for assignments ]
- HW 1: Out 3-Oct, due 9-Oct before class
- HW 2: Out 10-Oct, due Fri 21-Oct at midnight
- HW 3: Out 24-Oct, due Mon 31-Oct before class
- HW 4: Out 31-Oct, due Mon 7-Nov before class
- HW 5: Out 16-Nov, due Wed 23-Nov before class