Hello, my name is Qisheng Li (李其声). I am a 5th year PhD student at Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering at the University of Washington, advised by Katharina Reinecke. During my PhD, I’ve interned at Adobe Research (x2), Microsoft Research and Google Research.
I am broadly interested in human-computer interaction and accessibility. My current research is twofold: I develop methods for studying people with disabilities at scale. I also use the data collected and other techniques, such as machine learning, to develop systems that improve the accessibility for people with disabilities; I am particularly interested in cognitive disabilities, such as dyslexia.
📢I’m on the job market this year (2022) and I’m looking for industrial research positions. Please feel free to contact me with any opportunities!
- liqs [at] cs.washington.edu
Paul G. Allen Center Room 386
- Currently WFH with my corgi puppy
How Online Tests Contribute to the Support System for People With Cognitive and Mental Disabilities
Respectful Language as Perceived by People with Disabilities
The Effect of Moderation on Online Mental Health Conversations
Voicemoji: Emoji entry using voice for visually impaired people
Controlling for Participants’ Viewing Distance in Large-Scale, Psychophysical Online Experiments using a Virtual Chinrest
Toward Universal Spatialization Through Wikipedia-Based Semantic Enhancement
Latent Space Cartography: Visual Analysis of Vector Space Embeddings
The Impact of Web Browser Reader Views on Reading Speed and User Experience
Volunteer-Based Online Studies With Older Adults and People with Disabilities
Cartograph: Unlocking Thematic Cartography Through Semantic Enhancement
Honors & Awards
University of Washington
- : ASSETS’21 Best Paper Award
- : ICWSM’21 Best Paper Award (Outstanding Study Design)
- : College of Engineering Quarter Fellowship
- : The Konhauser Achievement Award for Computer Science
- : John M. Dozier Prizes for Economics
- : 1st place in Minnesota Economic Association (MEA) Undergraduate Student Paper Contest
- : LiveIt! Global Citizenship Fellowship
News & Travel
- : Completed a wonderful summer internship at Microsoft Research, working on text-to-speech for dyslexia.
- : Excited to rejoin Adobe Research as a Research Intern, working on speech and readability!
- : Attending my first virtual conference ASSETS’20. Looking forward to seeing everyone online!
- : I will be working as a data science research intern at Adobe Research in San Jose, CA this summer!
- : I will be at CSCW’18 in Jersy City, New York from November 3 - 7.