I am a Ph.D. Student at UW, working with Carlos Guestrin
and worked briefly with the late Ben Taskar
. I am a member of MODE Lab
Before comming to UW. I was Master student of Apex Data and Knowledge Management Lab
, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China.
I received my Bachelor degree in Computer Science from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, where I was a member of ACM Class
, now part of Zhiyuan College in SJTU.
I am working on intersection of learning and systems.
I build many impactful scalable learning systems
The real excitement of this area comes from what can enable
when we bring advanced learning techniques and system together.
On that end, I am also pushing the direction on deep learning, knowledge transfer and lifelong learning.
I am supported by Google PhD Fellowship
- Intern, Google Inc, Brain Team, MountainView USA, Speeding up neural net training by knowledge transfer.(June.2015 - Sep. 2015) with Ian Goodfellow.
- Intern, Graphlab Inc, Seattle USA, main author of boosted tree and neural net toolkit in Graphlab Create.(June.2014 - Sep. 2014)
- Master student, Apex Data and Knowledge Management lab, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China, with Yong Yu (Sep.2010 - Mar. 2013)
- Visiting Student, Systems Biology Lab, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China, with Ping Ao (Sep.2010 - Mar. 2013)
- Intern, Huawei Noah's Ark Lab , Hong Kong, with Hang Li and Qiang Yang (Aug.2012 - Dec.2012)
- Visiting Scholar, Digital Enterprise Research Institute, Galway, Ireland, with Behrang Qasemizadeh (Jan.2011 - Mar.2011)
- Intern of Machine Learning Group, Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing, China, with Jun Yan (Jul.2009 - Nov. 2009)
- I'm the team leader of ACMClass@SJTU, we achieved the 1st place in track1 of KDD Cup 2012. Leaderboard, Beijing, China, 2012.
- I'm the joint team leader of Inner Peace, we achieved the 3rd place in the rating prediction of KDD Cup 2011 Yahoo! Music Recommendation Challenge, San Diego, USA, 2011.
Activity and Services
- Reviewer of ICML, IJCAI, NIPS, ICLR
- Reviwer of ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (ACM TIST)