Dan's visited some neat places, many with his family:
- Technical canyoneering in Utah: Pine
Creek Canyon, Spry
Canyon, and the classic (non-technical) backpack down the Virgin
Narrows. On a later trip (10/2004) we did
Baptist Draw & Chute,
Music Canyon. In 04/05 I
took my sons into Coyote Gulch,
In 09/05 I did
Middle Echo Canyon,
Fat Man's Misery,
Birch Hollow into Orderville,
Pine Creek Canyon,
Eye of the Needle (South Fork of Oak Creek).
See also other Utah pics
- Kayaking the Noatak river in Alaska
- Treking in the highlands
swamps of Irian Jaya
- Climbing in Nepal
- Trekking from Mae Hong Son to Pai in Northern Thailand
- Climbing in Peru and Bolivia
- Rambling in Guatemala
- Exploring Morocco
- A small mountaineering expedition to the
St. Elias range
- Sea kayaking amongst the discovery
islands in the coastal waters of British Columbia, with the
family in Canada's Barkeley
Sound, and again off Baja Mexico.
- Village hopping in Japan.
- Treking in the Tien Shen mountains of Kazakhstan.
- A great trip to SE China
- Treking in Patagonia's Torres del Paine, and later in Tiera del Fuego
- Climbing in the Picos de Europa range of N Spain.
- A short sea kayaking expedition in Antarctica
- Via Feratta in the Dolomites
- A family safari and visit to the Hadzabe people in Tanzania: my musings,
- And of course, lots of trips to the North Cascades.