location_on Allen Center 560
Assistant Professor (photo)
My research interests are in building secure and reliable systems.
Current projects include Hyperkernel and Yggdrasil. See my recent
papers on the publications page
and pre-UW papers here.
- CSE 451: Undergrad OS: 18sp, 16au, 15au
- CSE 481SYS: Systems Capstone: 18wi
- CSE 551: Grad OS: 17wi, 15sp
- CSE 599W: Systems Verification: 16sp
- CSE 333: Systems Programming: 15wi
- 2018: OSDI, PLDI (ERC), SYSTOR
- 2017: SOSP SRC, APSys, USENIX Security, WWW
- 2016: PLAS, APSys, SYSTOR, EuroDW
- 2015: PLOS, USENIX ATC
How to pronounce my name: Xi (ɕi) Wang (wɑŋ).
Pretend it’s “sid wong” and you’ll get close enough.
I received my Ph.D. (2014) from MIT, under the guidance of
Frans Kaashoek and Nickolai Zeldovich. Before that, I spent two years
hanging out in the Systems Research Group at Microsoft Research
Asia. I got my B.E. and M.E. from Tsinghua University, under the
guidance of Xiaoge Wang—see her recent work on the detection of